Worship Service Schedule
10:00 AM — Holy Eucharist
Fellowship Coffee Hour Afterward
Child care available
7:30 AM — Monday – Friday
8:30 AM — Saturday
Join us afterwards at Einstein’s Bagels for breakfast.
Administrative Assistant-St. John’s Episcopal Church
St. John’s Episcopal Church is seeking a part time (15 hours/week) administrative assistant. The ideal candidate for this position must possess excellent customer relations skills; display a professional demeanor; and possess tact in dealing with parishioners, volunteers, and the public.
- Create bulletins, inserts, readings for weekly worship services
- Produce and send a weekly email newsletter
- Coordinate weekly volunteer sign-up schedules and email reminders
- Answer calls, emails, and parishioner requests in a timely fashion
- Coordinate building maintenance and usage schedules
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Organizational skills in managing volunteer and building schedules as well as tracking important documents/contracts
- Customer service skills with an ability to use discretion and maintain confidentially with parishioners and visitors
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and assist co-workers and parishioners
- Social media, web design, and web maintenance
- Acquainted with liturgical church worship
- Basic bookkeeping skills
- Previous office work experience
This is a 15-hour per week position, Monday through Friday, no benefits. Schedule is flexible, but prefer block of time mid-day to early afternoon. Wage is hourly ($12-$14) and dependent on experience. Starting date: February 2018
Submit resume, with references, to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please do not call the Church.)
Must be able to pass a background check.
If hired, must complete a church worker safety training program.
Application review will begin February 1. Position open until filled.
Church policy precludes hiring members of St. John’s or immediate family members.