This is a brief listing of some of the ministries at St John’s. Join one by contacting us and volunteering your time and skills! Everyone is expected to have a ministry at St John’s, so don’t be shy! Volunteer! More detailed information is available for each ministry. Just ask, and we’ll get you in touch with the coordinator of the ministries you’re interested in.
Prayer shawl knitting in action!
- Food Pantry Outreach “First Tuesday” On the first Tuesday of the month, bake muffins, procure coffee and juice, sort donated clothing, or greet Food Pantry customers as they stand in line to receive donated food.
- Nursing Home: Volunteer to attend services at assisted living and nursing homes on Sundays. It’s amazing how much a simple conversation with someone willing to listen makes a difference for individuals in the sunsets of their lives.
- Prayer Shawl Knitting Ministry: If you knit or want to learn, the group meets weekly on Tuesday at 10am to knit and pray over shawls for those ill, recuperating or grieving. Great fellowship.
- Summerfest Outreach: Volunteer one week in June to help host artists who participate in a major arts festival on the grounds of the Logan LDS Tabernacle.
- Altar Guild: Learn to prepare the vessels and supplies for the Holy Eucharist, and to care for altar linens.
- Sunday Ministries: Read the lessons, acolyte, bear the chalice, greet or usher, assist with the Prayers of the People. Training available for all roles.
- Pastoral Care: For parishioners who are ill or grieving, cook meals, give rides, lend an ear, etc. Organized according to neighborhood.
- Bread Bakers: Following a simple recipe and working at home—or in the company of other bread bakers—bake unleavened bread for Holy Eucharist.