St. John’s is delighted to make joyful noise unto the Lord, especially through recitals and other musical events.
To make use of the space at St. John’s for a recital, benefit concert, or other musical production, please contact the church office. As you make plans, please be aware of some of our building use guidelines for performers below:
- We reserve the right to refuse the use of any part of our campus to outside individuals or groups at any time and without explanation.
- We do not charge for the use of our sanctuary for approved recitals, benefit concerts, etc. by outside individuals or groups.
- User must agree to perform a prelude or other musical element for one of our regular worship services in exchange for the free use of our Sanctuary. The piece performed must approved in advance by St. John’s Episcopal Church and detailed instructions for this and other matters will be provided at the time reservations are confirmed.
- All elements of such events must be respectful of the sacred nature of the sanctuary and approved in advance by St. John’s Episcopal Church.
- The event must be free or, if a fee or donation is requested, must be for a recognized 501(c)(3) charity or a fund-raising event approved in advance by St. John’s Episcopal Church. (I.E. to raise money for a medical treatment for someone in the community, etc.)
- Any changes to the physical arrangements of the sanctuary and narthex furnishings must be approved in advance by St. John’s Episcopal Church. Any alterations to the chancel area (altar platform/furnishings) or north chapel must be made by church personnel only.
- The church’s baby grand piano and (with prior approval for qualified musicians only) organ, are available for use during approved events.
- Light refreshments after an event are allowed in the narthex with prior approval, but no food or drinks are allowed in the sanctuary under any circumstances, and user must clean up the narthex after such use.